Creating a Web Application: Budget, Timelines, and Planning
With the current digital boom, web applications for desktop and mobile devices have multiplied. But did you know that developing softwares can be expensive and time-consuming? We give you an overview of these elements through this article.
Determining the Cost of a Web Application
The cost of creating a web application depends on several factors. Depending on the complexity of your software, the budget can easily climb up to several thousand dollars.
The specific features built into the app have a direct impact on the cost. Complex elements, such as payment modules or geolocation, require more resources. All this increases the working time and, consequently, the development costs.
· Interface and design
The sophistication of the GUI and design significantly influences costs. Simple designs require less time and skill. On the other hand, complex graphic elements require additional resources.
· The operating system
The choice between developing for Android or iOS affects costs. Each operating system has its own programming languages. Eachrequiresspecificskills that can impact development costs.
· Additional costs
The administrative costs associated with uploading to app stores should be considered. A one-time fee for the PlayStore and an annual fee for the AppStore may be added to the initial development cost.
· The cost of launching
The marketing investment for the launch of the app is an additional expense to consider. This cost is used to ensure the app’s visibility and position on app stores, contributing to its initial success.
How long does it take to develop a web application?
The time it takes to develop a web or mobile application can be up to 12 months. The estimated timelines for each phase of development are as follows:
- Project planning and definition (1 to 6 months): During this initial phase, the project is defined down to the smallest detail. It is a lot of work to lay the solid foundations for development;
- Design and conception of the application (1 to 3 weeks): the design of the interface and functionalities requires a careful design phase to define the user experience and the visual aspect of the application;
- Application development and testing (1 to 6 months): this is the central phase of the project, where the actual development of the application takes place, followed by testing to ensure quality and functionality;
- Fixing any issues (1-2 weeks): After testing, adjustments are made to fix any issues or bugs;
- Application delivery and deployment (1 week): once the tests and fixes have been completed, the application is ready to be deployed;
- Maintenance (10% of the initial time allocated): The maintenance phase, regularly estimated at about 10% of the initial development time, ensures the future-proofing of the application by fixing problems and performing regular updates.
At AppWapp, we have a team of experienced developers who code for different projects to create secure websites, web applications and mobile applications. We invite you to contact us if you need additional information, we will be happy to discuss your project.